Stage Crew – Flyman
Application Deadline: March 6, 2023
The Playhouse Company in Durban is looking to fill the position of Stage Crew/Flyman. Key performance areas include:
- Assist in the loading and offloading of scenery delivered by truck.
- Set up and strike of scenery in all venues and take back to storage and or necessary venues.
- Carrying of all sets and props to stage and rehearsal venues
- Build and set up stage and suspended scenery.
- Carry tables and chairs to venues.
- Work out best method for storage and setting of scenery in performances.
- Run scenery movements during a performance.
- Operate flybars in the Drama and Opera Theatre
- Mark deads on flybars
- Go on tour or work in other venues as and when required by The Playhouse Company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The successful candidate must have attained at least a grade12 and relevant tertiary qualification in Stage Technology
- Must speak, read and write basic English.
- Must be computer literate.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to be a team player.
- The ability to work to schedule and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work with power tools.
- Must be able to work long hours, weekends, and on public holidays.
This Job Specification indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the position and therefore is not intended as an exhaustive list.
By applying for this position, you consent in terms of Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPI) to your personal information being obtained; utilised and stored by the company
People interested in applying must visit the Company Job Portal (“About us”- “Vacancies” then follow instructions) by no later than 06 March 2023
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within three weeks of submitting your application, assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“THE PLAYHOUSE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”